Town Team Movement (TTM) is an under-arching non-profit organisation helping to create a network of Town Teams around Australia and New Zealand.
Our purpose is to empower active citizenship and support Town Teams to build connected, resilient communities and better places.
We support, inspire, mentor, connect and promote the community leaders and Town Teams that create positive change in their own local communities.
Our Significant Beliefs and Principles
- People have the ability to create positive change and take some responsibility for improving communities and the environment;
- Being positive, enabling and collaborating is a better approach;
- We are apolitical and independent from governments;
- We are action-focussed;
- We work for the benefit of local communities and places;
- We will work with other people and organisations to achieve our goals; and
- We will share knowledge, methods and resources to enable people to create change.
You can read more about the Town Team Movement story here.
TOWN TEAM MOVEMENT BOARD OF DIRECTORS
We are interested in enhancing our small but effective Board of Directors with people who can bring additional expertise and energy to help us guide TTM during an exciting growth phase, including rollout of the community-focussed Town Team Model around Australasia.
As a member of our board, you’ll make a positive contribution to a growing national and international movement of people working to co-create better, healthier and more inclusive neighbourhoods, towns and cities.
Our new Directors will possess some (or all) of the following:
- An understanding of contemporary place-making and place governance ideas and a commitment to community-led place improvement;
- An understanding of corporate governance requirements;
- Experience as a Company Secretary of not-for-profit/social purpose organisations, particularly during growth and expansion phases;
- Strong communication and relationship skills and a collaborative approach;
- Capacity to represent Town Team Movement at events and public forums, strong business or philanthropic networks, and the ability to influence.
WE ENCOURAGE DIVERSITY
Town Team Movement is an equal opportunity organisation. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, women, people with culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, people with a disability and people identifying as LGBTIQA+ are encouraged to apply. We are also looking for a geographically diverse board and encourage applicants from anywhere across Australasia.
We are also looking for people with the following specific qualifications, skills or experience:
- Legal qualifications
- Finance and accounting qualifications
- Aboriginal cultural knowledge
- Corporate risk management
- Entrepreneurship, business modelling, scaling businesses from local to national or international
- Organisational development, change management, or human resource management
- Community organising or community development
- Philanthropic and other fundraising
- Information technology
- Volunteer Management
- Place-making, urban planning or design
Our Board of Directors currently meets monthly at 5:30pm on the first Wednesday of each month online via Zoom or Google Hangouts to allow people from across Australasia to dial in. Your time commitment will be approximately one day per month, including attending a board meeting.
Capacity to attend additional industry and networking events on evenings or weekends would be preferable.
Please note that Non-Executive Directors of Town Team Movement are not remunerated. This is a voluntary position.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit a one or two-page statement addressing the requirements above and explaining why you’d like to join our board. You may include a CV if you wish.
Please submit your expression of interest to [email protected] by 5PM on 30 May, 2020.
If you have any questions, please contact Town Team Movement’s Chair of the Board Jimmy Murphy on 0412 291 795.