Town Team Movement works with your organisation and community in a positive, engaging and creative way. We provide consultancy services for local governments, State Government agencies, redevelopment authorities, developers, service providers and community organisations on a fee for service basis.
We’re a non-profit social enterprise. Consulting is one of the ways that we fund our pro bono work with local Town Teams. Appointing Town Team Movement to deliver high-quality services for your organisation will also help us to achieve our vision for thriving, connected and empowered communities.
Here are some examples of what we can help with.
We can help to set up, lead and manage placemaking projects with your organisation and community. We have delivered dozens of projects in very different contexts, from inner urban, to suburban, regional towns and remote communities. Our approach engages, involves and empowers people to create authentic and meaningful outcomes.
We can help to lead or be involved with preparing place plans.
Place plans are holistic and collaborative documents that work across the local government, a range of organisations, disciplines, community groups and people to produce a clear, accountable Action Plan for creating a great place.
Community Engagement & Co-design
We don’t just ‘consult’ with people, we engage, involve and empower them to be meaningful contributors to creating better places and stronger communities.
Town Team Action Plans
We can help local Town Teams to prepare Action Plans to help guide their priorities and activities.
Workshop Design and Facilitation
We can facilitate workshops and practical learning sessions with professional staff and/or community members on a range of topics.
Placemaking Education and Training
We provide placemaking education and training services, coaching, mentoring and can also host leadership and ‘doership’ programs.
Find out more about placemaking in just 12 minutes in this mini-course!
Setting Up and Supporting Town Teams
We can help with setting up and mentoring new Town Teams or assisting existing Town Teams to manage events, activations and projects.
Find out more about some of our services:
Place Plans: (click on link to project page)
Community Engagement: (click on link to project page)
Place Enabling Workshops: (click on link to project page)
Setting up new Town Teams (click on link to project page)
Town Team, Movement has won many awards as an organisation, as a wider movement and as part of collaborative project teams. Recent awards include:
- Planning Champion 2022 – Planning Institute of Aust. WA
- IAP2 National Engagement Award 2021 – City of Cockburn Climate Change Engagement and Place Values
- Best Small Project 2021, Harbour Rd PorchFest 2021 – Place Leaders Asia Pacific
- Stakeholder Engagement 2021, Belconnen Place Design Brief – Planning Institute of Australia ACT
- Stakeholder Engagement 2021, Kalamunda Shared Spaces – Planning Institute of Australia WA
- Economic Development Equity, Diversity & Inclusion 2021, Showcase Moonah – Economic Development Australia
- Place Governance 2019 – Place Leaders Asia Pacific
We’re a non-profit social enterprise
Town Team Movement is a non-profit social enterprise. A social enterprise is a business that:
- Trades intentionally to tackle social problems, improve communities, provide access to employment and training, or help the environment;
- Derives most of their income from trading, not donations or grants; and
- Uses at least 50 per cent of their profits on their social mission (TTM allocates 100% of any annual surplus to fulfilling our purpose)
TTM’s consulting services is one of the ways we fund our place and community development work. Any operating surplus is directed to achieving our social purpose.
Some of our clients include:
Contact us for more information
Call – Emma Snow on 0491 688 887
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org