The collective impact of the town teams has been amazing. And the journey is just beginning!
We thought we would do a very quick and unscientific survey and start documenting some of the town teams are doing or have done. It is quite a list! There are probably hundreds more actions that are not captured below, so apologies for any important actions we have missed. Here is a list of 100 town team actions.
- Baysie Loves Bikes – March 25th 2019 – a treasure hunt and exploration of the new family friendly bike boulevard.
- Business After Hours – 21st November 2018 – a chance to connect with other local business owners and community members, artisanal cheese platters by The Little Cheese Shop, a range of great drinks and refreshments and opportunities to share your business plans
- Christmas Sunday Session – 9 December 2018 – listen to an eclectic mix of local live bands play beautiful music and a DJ live on the decks.
- Summer Session – 10 February 2019 – listen to an eclectic mix of local live bands play beautiful music and a DJ live on the decks.
- Summer Session – 10 March 2019 – soak up some weekend vibes with The Jaycos and Weapons of Mass Satisfaction on the newly refurbished Deck at the BBRC
- Baysie Arts and Street Fest – 31 March 2019 – held on King William Street between Whatley Cres and Hill Streets in Bayswater, The Baysie Arts and Street Fest is a locally driven street festival celebrating art, music, history, and community.
Beaufort Street Network
- Brighter Beaufort Action Plan 2018 and 2019 – The Brighter Beaufort Action Plan signals a refreshed vision for BSN, including a new vision statement, key areas of focus and a series of actions designed to leverage Beaufort Street’s unique character and potential.
- Beaufort Street Christmas Festival 16th December-22nd December 2018 – we are partnering with the wonderful St Alban’s Anglican Church in Highgate to bring a week’s worth of fun & festive Christmas celebrations.
- Art on Beaufort Street 2019 Competition – Local Beaufort Street businesses, near to where Water Corporation’s Pipes for Perth program is in full swing, conceived the idea to trans-form the vibrant strip into a colourful, creative activation.
- Name the Lanes – the community helped to name 9 local laneways in the area. It is hard to create a place that has no name!
- Beaufort Street Rally 8th June 2019– This is it! It’s time to rally the troops to show Beaufort Street some love. Change your plans, this Saturday it’s all about Beaufort with your friends. Your mission is to find three venues that you haven’t been to in ages, or at all, to rediscover what’s on offer all year round. There will be music, food, shopping and a business family that needs your support.
The Bend in the Road (Doubleview)
- February Outdoor Movie – 23 February 2019
- March Outdoor Movie Night – 23 March 2019
- Sundowners @ The Bend May 30 and 20 June 2019 – spend some quality social time with your neighbours as Paul, Kara and the crew serve up their famous fare – free to you, thanks to the generous support of City of Stirling.
- June Indoor Movies 15th June 2019
- 1st Birthday community barbeque – 2 November 2018 – community BBQ to celebrate the Collective’s first birthday
- Maylands Neighbourhood Soup – 7 November 2018 – Maylands Neighbourhood SOUP is a micro-granting dinner celebrating creative projects that benefit our local community – including art, green space, social justice, education, technology and other ideas.
- Maylands Neighbourhood Soup – 10 April 2019
- Maylands Neighbourhood Soup – 7 August 2019
- Flopfest – 2 March 2019 – Flopfest is a DIY community film festival, where all the films are made by Perth’s average joes, joettes and joeys, regardless of previous experience
- Christmas in July – 20 July 2019 – It will be an adults only night out full of fun, good food & drinks, good music & times and an opportunity for all proceeds (including ticket sales, drinks, raffles & silent auctions) to go towards putting on our big end of year event, the 2019 Dalyellup Community Christmas Festival.
Dunsborough Progress Association
- Dunsborough 140th Celebration Community Picnic – 28 April 2019 – Bring a picnic and invite your people to gather at the Dunsborough Lions Park. Weather pending, there will be a photographic display courtesy of the Dunsborough Historical Society.
- Dunsborough’s Art Fest: Small Sculptures Prize – 4 March 2019- Small Sculpture Prize is a new addition of the Duns Arts Fest Sculpture by the Bay exhibited at Christian Fletcher Gallery. The SBB organisers are really excited about the wide range of beautiful and petite, strong artwork that you will be able to afford.
- Dunsborough Art Festival and Sculpture By The Bay – 1-4 March 2019 – Free Saturday and Sunday evening family concerts, family-orientated activities, local craft and art markets, Dunsborough Youth X Factor competition and Sculpture by the Bay take centre stage on this weekend.
- Hannay Lane Street Party – 9 November 2018 – The Hannay Lane Street Party was started as a response by the Hannay Lane Enhancement Group to engage the local community with the otherwise largely unutilised (but with huge potential!) Hannay Lane in the Dunsborough CBD.
- Dunsborough Songfest – Dunsborough SongFest held in November caters for and promotes community singing. It attracts over 200 participants from community choirs, a cappella groups and the general public to participate in a weekend of voice work-shops and concerts.
Inglewood on Beaufort
- Inglewood Monday Night Markets – We are picky about who we invite to be part of our little market gang. Only the best quality food, drink, services, gifts and homewares are available via our amazing local businesses and the mobile vendors who come from all over the Metro area to be part of the best market in Perth!
- Atomic. The new Rock Musical Preview – 25 February 2019 – Inglewood Monday Night Markets are proud to partner with local Blak Yak Theatre to showcase an exclusive preview of their upcoming show – “ATOMIC The New Rock Musical”!
- Fr’inglewood – February 2019 – Fringe World hits Inglewood
- St Patricks Mount Lawley Christmas Festival annually – December 2018- The free festivities will stretch along Beaufort Street from 3pm with Santa, fun activities for kids, artisan stalls, food vans, wine bar and plenty of live entertainment.
- Inglewood UpMarkets – 5 May and 26 May 2019 – This event is run and organised by a few local Inglewood women, who have way too much beautiful preloved clothes and acces-sories! We hope this event provides an easier avenue to sell (and buy!) items without the trouble of 4am swapmeet starts or time wasting Gumtree or Fb Marketplace
- Place Activation Strategy in 2017 – Mission is to build on our strengths, passions and what makes Inglewood special, empower the local community and visitors and engage and involve businesses, stakeholders and governments
- Festival in the ‘Wood 21st May 2017 – From local artisans stalls and tasty food through to live music to match your mood, save the date in your diary and bring your family, friends and furry ones down for the fun and frivolities.
Historic Heart of Perth
- Community Ideas and Actions Workshop – 28 May 2019
- Heritage Perth Weekend guided walks:
• Architecture Walk hosted by heritage expert Richard Offen Saturday 21 October 2018
• Architecture Walk hosted by Heritage Architect Philip Griffiths Sunday 22 October 2018
• Art Walk hosted by art curator Felicity Johnston on Sunday 22 October 2018
- Historic Heart App – September 2018
- Small Museums Walk – July 2018 – The Historic Heart is home to one of Perth’s greatest collections of heritage listed buildings, forming important streetscapes of late 19th and 20th century architecture. This is evident if you walk through the area. But what you wouldn’t know just walking through Perth’s east end is that some of these buildings house intriguing small museums.
- New Planter Boxes – 2018 – a series of 32 planter boxes spread throughout the precinct, featuring native plants to add greenery, designs by local artists and cared for by long-term unemployed people through Green World Revolution
- Architecture Walk – The Historic Heart is home to one of Perth’s greatest collections of heritage buildings, together forming important streetscapes of late nineteenth and early twentieth century architecture.
- Squaresville – 31 May 2019 – a launch party for the new Leederville town square, which was championed by Leederville Connect
- Annual Leederville Long Table dinner – 13 February 2019 – Join Leederville Connect in their annual 10-COURSE FEAST featuring Leederville’s best eateries, local beer and wine.
- LeedyPalooza – 8-17 February 2019 – A street party where in one week you can salsa dance, listen to Hip-Hop DJ’s, dress poorly and look adoringly into your lover’s eyes (if you don’t already do that every day).
- Jane’s Walk – 2 November 2018- Come along on a walk to hear from an ex-pert on all things local Leederville, enjoy the start of summer with people from your com-munity, tell us what makes your town great, and you’ll also hear stories about the history of Leederville and plans for the future.
- Arty Farty Children’s Christmas Party – 25 November 2-18 – While the Light Up Leederville Carnival takes a rest this year, we welcome back the Arty Farty Children’s Christmas Party to Leederville! An event for children and families, with free activities and lots of local entertainment, including the turning on of the Leederville Lights
- Jane’s Walk – 16 December 2018- Come along on a walk to hear from an expert on all things local Leederville, enjoy the start of summer with people from your community, tell us what makes your town great, and you’ll also hear stories about the history of Leederville and plans for the future.
- Leederville Light up Carnival – 3 Dec 2017 – once again took over the Leederville Town Centre. This giant street festival showcased Leederville’s unique lifestyle in a community celebration with over 60,000 visitors
Main Street Co-op
- Bike Week Breakfast on Main Street – 23 March 2019
- Christmas on Main Street – 16 December 2018
- Pop Up Bar on Main Street – 23 October 2018 – In partnership with Posto Matto, the Co-op will be transforming an underutilised piece of urban space into a pop-up bar for the night.
- Winter Cinema Date Night – 12 July 2019 – Come and join us for a free movie night on Main Street of Notting Hill
- Winter Cinema Kids Session – 13 July 2019 – Come and join us for a free movie night on Main Street of Finding Nemo
- Winter Cinema Family Night – 13 July 2019 – Come and join us for a free movie night on Main Street of Armageddon
Midland Junction Collective
- Midland Junction Collective Meet & Greet – 31 January- Bring your good vibes and creative ideas along to this networking event. Meet with others, get your ideas out and brainstorm as we put together the nuts and bolts of the new Midland Junction Collective.
The Morley Momentum
- Progress Street Party – 7 April 2019 – a celebration of Morley’s multi-cultural community
- TMM Bunnings sausage sizzle – 16 February 2019 – All funds raised will be going straight back into the Morley community and the many upcoming projects we have installed for Morley
- The Morley Mixer – 28 November 2018 – Morley business owners & managers were invited to join us for the popular Morley Mixer! Bring your business card for your chance to win one of the great prizes on offer.
Mount Hawthorn Hub
- Mount Hawthorn Streets and Lanes Festival – 5 May 2019 – This year’s theme is ‘Secrets of the Side Streets’. We want to uncover all the hidden gems, history, little known facts, and intrigue that make up this wonderful suburb.
- Creating Wins and Managing Challenges Workshop – 13 June 2019 – Join your hosts Mt Haw-thorn Hub and Town Team Movement for a practical workshop for Town Team Committee Members to work together and brainstorm solutions!
- Talk and Tea – 27 March 2019 – ‘Talk and Tea’ will be a free event with morning tea, guest speakers and/or entertainers which will be held four times a year in Mt Hawthorn. It will be a fantastic opportunity to meet new people that live in your local community and to catch up with old friends.
- Little Day Out – 15th December 2018 – In its second year, the community event once again showcases an all local line-up of musicians. Bring your own picnic or enjoy dinner from one of the food trucks in a relaxed and family friendly environment. It’s a little version of The Big Day Out, that’s family friendly!
- Pop-up Skate Event – 18 November 2018 – Pop Up Skate Park was an afternoon of free skateboarding clinics, shooting hoops and human foosball
My Dickson (Canberra)
- First Friday Community Celebration Market – 5 July 2019 – We’re hosting market stalls, government departments, associations and community groups of every kind to create a fun environment where locals can buy a nick-nack or have an exchange of information with government departments and learn the latest from associations and community groups.
- Dickson Knits – 8 June 2019 – Calling all lovers of knitting, crochet, weaving, felt-ing…anything to do with fabulous fibres! Come and join us and thousands around the world for another amazing World Wide Knit in Public Day for 2019.
- Dickson Sessions: Pop Up Bar – 30 November 2018
- Christmas Concert – 5 November 2018 – Join the community and many community organisations and groups as we prepare for the Christmas season! Join the West Australia Fire Emergency Services Concert Band for a Christmas Concert organised by Noranda Vibes!
- Noranda Vibes Long Table Picnic – 27 October 2018 – The Noranda Vibes Long Table Picnic Lunch is a community gathering for people of all ages and backgrounds.
- Noranda Community Fair – May 11 2019
North Perth Local
- 6006 Concert in the Park – 28 January 2019
- Halloween on Angove St 31st October- With support from our major sponsor City of Vin-cent, Halloween on Angove St will turn our beloved Angove strip into a captivating picture of pumpkins, black-cats, ghosts and goblins. We invite all local residents to join us for the Halloween themed live music, face painting, photo booth and festivities!
- North Perth Heritage Walk – 19 May 2019 – Come and explore the history of North Perth. This one hour guided walk in the heart of the original North Perth town centre offers a glimpse into the history of the area from early 20th century to the present day.
- Car boot sale – 20 November 2018 – Back the car up, fill it with your unwanted treasure, and come along to the North Perth Local Community Car Boot Sale
- North Perth Historical Walk – 1 September 2018 – Join us on a guided version of the walk cover-ing selected sites on the North Perth Walk. Discover some of North Perth’s historical sites and places of interest on Angove Street from the first half of the 20th century, when the suburb was first established.
- Draft Action Plan 2018/2019 – Northbridge Common champions Northbridge as the creative and cultural epicentre of Perth through its diversity in culture, business, arts and entertainment – driven by a sense of community at its heart.
- Neighbour Day Picnic in the Park – 31 March 2019 – Neighbour Day is Australia’s annual celebration of community, encouraging people to connect with those who live in their neighbourhood.
- Lunar New Year Lantern Festival – 17 February 2019 – Pop down to check out our local businesses (there’s always something new!) and enjoy lanterns in the trees, lion dancers, kids stuff and roving entertainment from Newcastle to Monger Streets.
Old Perth Road Collective (Bassendean)
- Street beautification project – 15 June 2019 – verge plantings and painting a wall to enhance a key part of the Bassendean town centre
- OPR Collective Launch and Town Talk – 8 May 2019 – Come join us for a drink and pizza to celebrate with our members and local businesses to launch Bassendean’s very own, Old Perth Road Collective. This event will also incorporate our brand new event series ‘Town Talks’.
Rivervale Community Network
- Yarn bombing on Kooyong Road
- Neighbour Day Lunch – 31 March – Bring your picnic and meet some of the beautiful people who live in Rivervale
- Jupp Lane Lounge event – 24 November 2017 – Jupp Lane blocks its way to cars for this annual free event bringing Rivervale together to lounge and meet their neighbours.
Rostrata Town Project
- Spring in the Garden – 21 October 2018
- Rostrata Walking Group – 6 November 2018
- Rostrata Festival – 15 February 2019 – Celebrating local community and culture. Food and entertainment including dragon dancing, games and activities for children
Scarborough Beach Association
- Scarborough Sunset Applause – From 1 November 2018 – Locals and visitors gather on Scarborough Beach in a vibrant celebration of our most precious asset – our sunset. The Scarborough Sunset Applause starts as an individual’s expression of gratitude, before erupting into a collective appreciation of the day that was, and the evening that is to come.
- Fringe World-Sunset Veranda – 18 January 2019 – Join us in Scarborough for the sunny side of FRINGE WORLD at the Sunset Veranda, with the pop-up bar to watch the stunning sunset over the west coast. Big Top performance space offers comedy, music, dance, cabaret and kids shows
- Scarborough Christmas Carols – 16 December 2018
- The Sandpit – Community Dance events – Come watch or participate in the family friendly, alcohol free dance event promoting positive physical and mental health benefits for the whole family
- Scarborough Sunset Markets – From 1 November 2018- Every Thursday night from 1 November 2018 – 25 April 2019. Food, music, arts, ocean, salty air, sandy feet and mesmerising sun-sets.
- Community Soup – June, July, August 2018, June and May 2019- Mandurah community SOUP has a simple goal: To give someone an envelope stuffed with money, so they can go and do that thing they always wanted to do, to make our community a better place!
- Mandurah Food Truck Festival – 28 November 2017 – The locals you know and love will be there with an array of tempting goodies, as well as some fresh faces from surrounding areas. Plus there will be buskers and activities!
- Kids Market – 16 December 2018 — Come down to Make Place for Mandurah’s first kids market, created and run by kids
South Perth Activation Network
- Mends Street Farmers Market – 1 October-26 August 2017- Mends Street will be bustling every Sunday with art activities, music and amazing fresh food including fruit and veg-es, local meat, baked goods and so much more. A portion of Mends St will be closed to traffic and open for pedestrian activation.
- ECU Mends Street Activation Exhibition 9 November 2017 – Edith Cowan University Design Students have been working all semester on building a refreshed brand and new ideas to activate the Mends Street Area. The exhibition will showcase the student’s ideas and pro-vide inspiration for future improvements in the area.
- South Perth Community Gathering – 30 November 2018 – Come along to our community meeting to let us know what you want to see in South Perth. It might be an event, something you’ve seen in another neighbourhood, or just what you already love about living here. Join us for a relaxed evening to share ideas, yummy food, and our passion for South Perth. Bring a plate, your ideas… and maybe your neighbour!
- Free Pop-up Cinema in the Park – 24 March 2019 – Join in the fun as South Perth community members present Pop-Up movies in the park. Free community event for all ages. BYO beanbag, low chair or picnic blanket.
- Subi Street Party – 6 April 2019 – Subiaco’s biggest community event with the theme ‘Around the World’, celebrating four distinct zones from around the globe.
- Perth Comedy Festival in Subi – April and May 2019 – The month-long Perth Comedy Festival brings a line-up of the world’s biggest comedy stars and next-big-things to W.A. It includes the not-to-be-missed Perth Comedy Festival Gala at Regal Theatre featuring a dazzling line-up of the Festival’s funniest international stars, Australian legends and next-big-things in comedy for spectacular night of comedy in Subiaco.
- Subilicious – January and February 2019 – Subilicious will become a Fringe World hub, linking the majestic Regal Theatre with the delightful hidden treasure, Subiaco Arts Centre. A hue of pink will take over the city during the event. The hub will provide a sensory experience throughout Subiaco with street performers leading the way.
- Seddon Street Block Party – 19 October 2018 – Come down to the Seddon Street Community Block Party! Heaps of kids activities, live music, pop-up bar, long table dining, local food and an interactive public engagement workshop.
Vic Park Collective
- Vic Park Neighbourhood Soup – Victoria Park residents, enthusiasts and supporters pay $10 for a bowl of soup and a vote. Over dinner, they listen to four-minute pitches from up to four people working on projects that help the local community. Each diner can cast a vote. The winning project goes home with all the cash raised at the door and have the opportunity to return to future Vic Park Soup dinners to update participants about their projects.
- Collective Conversations – are free pop-up talks at different Vic Park locations where people can hear about a raft of topics and from experts in various fields.
West Perth Local
- West Perth Wednesday – West Perth Local invites you to our new regular community get-together West Perth (Local) Wednesday!
- Mural – West Perth Local created a new mural on the side of the building with help of local artist Paul Deej
- Jane’s Walk – 2 June 2019 – Jane’s Walks are free, locally organised walking tours, in which people get together to explore, talk about and celebrate their neighbourhoods. Where more traditional tours are a bit like walking lectures, a Jane’s Walk is more of a walking conversation
- Welcome to Summer Picnic – 2 December 2018 – Join the team of West Perth Local along with WA Loves Nature, a roving magician, prize raffles and the greater West Perth community for a picnic in the park!